Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Well, now what?

After wanting the book since before it came out, I finally bought the book, The Happiness Project.  A lot of stuff in the book is stuff that makes sense, and is stuff I can apply to my life.

Then I found this.
Here's the quote:

"...both men and women find relationships with women to be more intimate and enjoyable than those with men.  Women have more empathy for other people than men do.  In fact, for both men and women-and this struck me as highly significant-the most reliable predictor of not being lonely is the amount of contact with women.  Time spent with men doesn't make a difference."


Uh.  What?

So I should spend more time with girls...?

I'm not really sure what this means.  Jim pointed out that that is a very black and white statement.  As I've said a lot recently, I see things in shades of grey.  Many, many shades of grey.  Life is too complicated and involves just...too much.  Things aren't black or white or nothing at all.  If they were, I feel like we wouldn't have as many problems, or problems we do have would be easier to fix. 

Between the end of the school year, finding/leasing/moving into this apartment, summer coming, (which always throws me for a loop, because I need to readjust all over again) and dealing with everything in the past week...I'm losing it.

0 comments: