Saturday, September 18, 2010

Ready, set, go.

So I did it- I finally ran my first 5K since senior year of high school.  Slowly.  (I actually don't know my official time but it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 38 minutes.)  But I did do it.  And, (maybe surprisingly?) I want to do another one.  I felt really awesome today while running, and I know I need to keep it up.  There is one in Tolland that I'm going to look in to, and if we have a night game that Saturday, I'll have the morning free to run it.  Woo!
I think I also like it because it focuses my energy into something other than music/band.  I need something else in my life to concentrate on.  I think it'll calm me down.

However, other than the race...I've done nothing productive while being home.  I'm just so TIRED.  And still need to refine my time-management skills.  Recital in a month and 3 days.  Yikes.
I think I am just going to make a giant to-do list with every assignment and every due date on it, and see what my priorities are.  On tap for this week, besides practicing and paper writing and completing assignments, I'm going to start figuring out how to cook.  Because I legit have NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING.  Which is why I eat ziti 5 out of 7 nights a week.  Oops.  I might start having to do the "cook on Sunday for the whole week" kind of deal, because when I get home after school, I don't even have the desire to cook.  I just want to find that track I was on over the summer-eating semi-healthy, or at least not as horrifically as I am right now, run more, practice more, stay on top of everything.  Why is it human nature for that to be so difficult?

In more random news, Pandora radio stations are FAR SUPERIOR to Last.fm radio stations.  Maybe that's what I need.  An afternoon with a Regina Spektor/Ingrid Michaelson/Sara Bareilles radio station, and my homework.  Or an evening to watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.  Soon enough...

0 comments: