Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 1.

Last night and today was Day 1 of my new attempt at eating healthier and working out.  This is a process that I've started again and again, but lately, I've been doing a bit better. 

It does not help in the least that I am incredibly lazy.  I always have been.  Since I was little, as in like, able to speak, I've complained about walking, and I've enjoyed taking naps.  I'm just trying to walk a little more, and nap a little less.

Last night I went running, legit running, for the first time in ages.  I've been doing the treadmill, elliptical, and track since getting out of school, but it's not the same as running on pavement, outside, even just around my neighborhood.  I survived, and avoided the skunks.

Today was a lazy day for me.  Even worse than usual...it's the first day that I've had nothing to do since being home, (it's been a week, and I've either babysat or gone out every single day.  It's been wonderful.)  However, I did start to plan out my little health kick.  I started by creating a SparkPeople account, thanks to KP's suggestion.  I like it mostly because I just write what I eat, and the calories either pop up, (for stuff like fruit and veggies) or I type it in, (for brand-specific stuff that they don't have automatically) and it adds it up for me, and tells me how many calories I have left for the day.  Yes, I could do this myself, but I hate math.  Even addition.  So this is nice.  I kept thinking I was going to run again today, but the heat was just too much.  I did 30 Day Shred in the A/C, which was a much better idea.

The true test is going to be this weekend.  3 parties, and that means a lot of food.  I'm going to compensate by working out in the morning before the parties start, and eat what I want, just in smaller portions.  We'll see if this works.

I'm contemplating buying a gym membership, but I really don't want to waste the $100 if I'm okay with Jillian Michaels DVD, On Demand workouts, and running around the neighborhood.  All I want to do right now is eat, because I'm so used to snacking when I'm bored, but I'm not really hungry.  I just need to teach myself that. 


My goals right now are these:
In one month, (July 24th) I would like to be down 10 pounds.  I haven't weighed myself yet...I'll save that for tomorrow morning.  (Although I hate the new scale my mom bought, it's not digital, the numbers go up in 20s, and the lines in between are so small, I can't really see what I am.)  I'm not putting a major goal up yet because once school starts, I'm going to have to really plan out my work outs, I won't be able to just up and go whenever I want, like I can now.
I should be working out at least 4 times a week.  AT LEAST.  I could probably do 6 days a week, and rest on a day that I'm really busy or tired, but we're starting small here.  I've already done Wednesday and Thursday, so I'll be fine for now.
Track my calories and stay in my limit.  Pretty easy.

I'm feeling pretty good right now.  I hope this keeps up.

0 comments: