Monday, June 21, 2010

You got me feeling like a kid.

I realized how long it's been since I went on a rant/tangent about my life.  Ya know, old school style.  It's been so long.  So what's going on?

I've been home since Thursday night, and I've already had a fantastic half a week.  Keys to the City with Dana was definitely fun...and my wallet can handle it.  I'm thinking of going every Thursday that I can.  Friday, Emily graduated, and it was a Staven reunion and a half.  After waiting in traffic since 5:20 pm, I got to the high school at 6 pm.  (I live legit 4 minutes from EHHS.)  We went to dinner with both of my grandmas, and I'm pretty sure everybody in the restaurant was probably glad we left, since we were teasing and arguing with each other the entire time.  I then proceeded to go to Ricky's house, where I saw Paul and Vinny for the first time in four years...
Anne's baby shower was adorable, and seeing the boys later on that night was fantastic.  I saw Ricky AGAIN last night, (can you say old school?) and I'm seeing Gina tonight.  I love being home.  I forgot what having a social life was like...being at Norwegian Wood and sitting in my apartment at 10 pm by myself isn't really a blast. 
Hourigan liked to point out that when I'm in East Haven, I complain that I'm not in Storrs, and when I'm there, I complain about not being home.  I think I'm finally figuring out that I can love both places, and can love being there when it's time to be there...if that makes any sense whatsoever.  Now, it's time to be home, and I definitely love being here.
It's now time for the portion of the rant that's kind of ambiguous.  I told you this was going to be old school.  And the baby is napping, so I need something to do. 
(Side note, I say baby, but Grace is 4 years old now.  FOUR.  WTF.  I've watched her every summer since she was four MONTHS.  Ridic.)
This is the first summer in two years that I have been single.  It's a little weird.  I mean...not really, seeing as I've spent every other summer of my life single.  It's just different.  My way of thinking is different, my plans are different, it's much easier to go and do whatever I want without having to check with another person to see if they want to do it too.  It's pretty fab.
The only thing is...it's so strange.  Half of me really likes this, and the other half wishes I had somebody.  Specifically...honestly, nobody specifically.  Mostly because I'm dumb.  My favorite movie, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, puts it perfectly..."Why do I fall in love with every (man) I see who shows me the least bit of attention?"  I don't know if anybody truly knows what an attention whore I am.  Maybe you all do.  Maybe I don't try to hide it, or do a terrible job trying to hide it.  But now it's out in the open anyway.  I think my main goal this summer is to just go out and have the most fun I can in the next two months.  Two months to be away from UConn and all of it's drama, (seriously, you think there's East Haven drama?  It can be child's play compared to a month of UConn B.S.) and just completely enjoy myself.  I think I'm doing pretty well now.  Let's just keep it going.






My goals for the next few weeks are simple:  work out, play trumpet, go to the beach, (does that count as a goal?) pay my bills for June, (if I can ever figure out how much I owe CL&P, I thought online bill paying was supposed to make things easier) and then promptly buy a ticket to see DMB at Citi Field.  Omgcan'twait.


I have the best job in the whole world :)

0 comments: