Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 3: My favorite movie

If you know me, even a little bit, you've probably heard me talk about this movie at some point.


Most definitely my favorite movie of all time.  I saw it for the first time in high school, and didn't really get it.  My friend told me it would make more sense the more I saw it...so I watched it again.  And again.  And now I'm addicted.
"Please let me keep this memory, just this one..." 
It kind of messes with your mind the entire time.  If you don't pay attention, you totally miss important elements.  At the same time, even if you watch closely, there is so much going on you pick up something new every time you watch it.  It's a beautiful movie, and makes you really consider your own memories.  One of the quotes floating through Blogger/Tumblr/imgfave/etc, something to the effect of: "Never have any regrets, because at the time, it's what you truly wanted" rings true, especially when Joel starts realizing he doesn't want his entire mind erased.  
Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet are fabulous.  Watching Jim Carrey play a completely different character than he does in most other movies was refreshing. 


"You can get them out of your head.  Getting them out of your heart is another story." 

The soundtrack is beautiful too.  The movie is sad, romantic, funny, though-provoking...everything.  If you haven't seen it, watch it.  If you have seen it...watch it again, and see what you find.  You might even realize something about yourself.

0 comments: